My First Blog Entry...ever.
I'm a Star Trek fan...so it's fitting, right? That I should be exploring "new frontiers!" I suppose that is how I am looking at this blog. I've spent years enjoying blogs from friends, fellow photographers, wise women of faith I admire, and foodies willing to share their amazing recipes...but I never thought I'd write one myself! But here I am. I embarked on this adventure of "Sally Belle Photography" in the Fall of 2011 and just this past weekend, I launched my website. (I've been so blessed to see this venture grow and have enjoyed every minute!) So... a blog seemed like the next logical step. When I read a blog, I find that the very personal nature of them is what draws me in. I love getting to know the author through each post. And I hope that is what happens here. I want my readers to become my friends. I will endeavor to share my heart as well as my photos with you in each post. So... in that spirit... I thought that this first post would be a list of fun-facts about me. Things you may or may not need to know...both serious and silly. Enjoy!
1. I have unusaully big ears, and apparently they were this big when I was a baby - my mother was told "she'll grow into them!"
2. I've moved 16 times in my 36 (almost 37...) years.
3. I cannot make a sunny side up egg to save my life!
4.I once had my portrait sketched by a Vietnamese artist on the Charles Bridge in Prague.
5. My nose is often cold. just my nose. weird...
6. staying on the nose theme - I've often sneeze or get a runny nose while in the checkout line at the grocery store. No kidding - like about 75% of the time. I'm thinking I must be allergic to cash registers or conveyor belts!
7. I have a knack for retaining useless trivia. I could've made a killing on "Who wants to be a millionaire."
8. I like mathematical patterns...for example - for the entire decade that I am in my 30's and my husband Keith is in his 40's...our respective ages will add up to my son's age each year...i.e. last year I turned 36 and Keith turned 45 and Caleb turned 9. 3+6=9 and 4+5=9. This year -I'll be 37, Keith 46 and Caleb 10..and so on! I say Cool! Keith says I'm a freak. You decide! :)
9. Sunglasses (or any glasses for that matter) do not fit my face. I think my extra large ears are off kilter.
10. I can make a ridiculously loud popping noise with my mouth.
11. I am a political junkie.
12. I get irritated if I can't do something well right away - Keith had a tough time trying to teach me tennis and golf.
13. I like plants but can't seem to keep them alive. (Although I do have a Cactus that seems to be doing well).
14. I love doing crafts and art projects with my kids.
15. I can't seem to type the word "photogrpahy" correctly...ever... <----- (see!!)
16. I have gained an appreciation for history as I've gotten older. Love early American as well as the British monarchy - great stories all around. Lady Jane Grey topping the list on the Brit side.
17. I am a mushroom person.
18. I really enjoy cooking - but I like cookbooks even more! Might be addicted.
19. I once sat next to John Schneider at a "Children's Miracle Network" dinner...and all I came up with to say was - "My mother never let me watch the Dukes of Hazzard." Nice.
20. I usually only manage to smile and wave until I've had my coffee in the A.M.
21. I am so grateful for my church!
22. My childhhood nicknames included "silly sally," "salamander sally," "sally davis, jr.!" and of course, "Sally Belle!"
23. I love Sherlock Holmes anything...books, movies, radio... "elementary!"
24. I can no longer do a backward roll...as my strained neck will prove.
25. I cut my LONG hair on a whim!
26. My greatest loves include the Lord Jesus, My sweet husband Keith, my 3 kiddos, Caleb, Chloe & Bella...and of course,